Sunday, January 08, 2012

Black Beans and Rice with Pork and Apple Salsa - Dec, 2011



This was another meal prepared on one of the few nights Nick and I stayed in for dinner last month. I found the recipe in the January 2012 issue of Bon Appetit and thought it sounded fun. Of course, I made a few small changes, including swapping the chicken out for pork. My Mom had made a huge batch of slow cooked pork shoulder over the Christmas holiday and was lovely enough to send some home with us. The substitution worked extremely well. I didn't have a Granny Smith apple on hand, so I just used one of the Fireside apples that we bought at our last local farmers' market this fall. And, out of neccessity, I had to omit the cilantro and green pepper. I did, however, add in a bit of avocado, which is always welcome at our house. It was really, really good.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails