Thursday, October 06, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - Oct 4, 2011



I don't really have a lot to say about these. I was craving cookies and so I made these in the middle of the afternoon. They're amazing. I used the Foster's Market Cookbook recipe and omitted the cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins in exchange for chocolate 'chips' that I made from smashing my Trader Joe's pound plus chocolate bar with a hammer. Don't worry, I didn't use the whole pound, just a quarter of it. This is a fun way to do chocolate chips and I think it makes the cookies more interesting since the pieces are not uniform. I baked them just long enough for a chewy cookie, which is the texture I prefer. Actually, I like a chewy center surrounded by crispy golden edges, but I haven't mastered that combination yet, so chewy is my default texture. I baked 2 dozen and used my handy tablespoon scoop to portion out 18 more, which I put in the freezer for a rainy day. These would be good with some chai... Now I just have to make sure to save some for Nick.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails