Friday, October 07, 2011

Frisee Salad - Oct 5, 2011



Since I haven't been to the grocery store in way too long, Nick and I have been scrounging around the pantry trying to be creative with what we have on hand. A trip to restock is in order today, methinks. I had originally wanted to make bean burritos, as I've been craving protein like mad lately, but we were out of cheddar cheese and that idea had to be scratched. What we did have was a beautiful head of frisee lettuce from our CSA farm, some thick cut bacon in the freezer, and some fresh eggs. With that, I made up these little salads, full of flavor and protein. In addition to the bacon and poached eggs, I added toasted walnuts and shredded Pecorino-Romano cheese. Protein all around. These were delicious and took care of my cravings.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

erin scott said...

Oooh, that is so my kind of salad. Your poached egg looks perfectly cooked with that nice runny yoke! And the flavor combo looks awesome.
-E

Jess said...

Thanks Erin! This is definitely my kind of salad as well. I think nice runny egg yolk is my favorite kind of salad dressing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails