Thursday, March 24, 2011

Smoked Trout and Quinoa - Mar 24, 2011




















Remember that little getaway Nick and I had up North? Well, that luscious looking smoked trout was one of the goodies we picked up along the way. All of you regular Dinner Clubbers already know how much Nick and I enjoy smoked trout. Not only is it packed full of flavor, but it's a nutritional powerhouse as well. It was clearly the star of this dish. To showcase it's smokey deliciousness, I cooked up some quinoa and stirred in some fresh spinach right at the end to wilt it a bit. This I flavored with some fresh lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Next we added some chunks of creamy avocado and then topped everything with the flaked, smoked trout. Nick and I were both quite pleased with our dinner, and we have some trout leftover for another meal, as yet to be determined.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I love, love, love smoked trout! I always buy some at the Madison farmer's market when I get home for visits. You can get it at the grocery store here but it is far inferior to the Midwest product. Speaking of that, when is our reunion going to be? I can't wait!!

Jess said...

I know, it's so good! I remember you and Rima brought some straight from the market to Katie and my 'apartment warming' party once. Such a special treat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails