Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cauliflower-Kale Hash - Mar 20, 2011


Cauliflower and Kale Hash with Garbanzos

A quick skillet meal is hard to beat on busy weeknights. We make many different variations of this at our house (of which I'm sure you're aware). Trust me, they're all a little different. On this particular night I had some freshly cooked garbanzos, the majority of which I used for a batch of hummus, but a few stragglers remained. I also had some rather pathetic looking kale that needed to be used before it completely wilted away. That, and the giant head of cauliflower in the fridge combined to make an excellent dinner. I sauteed the cauliflower first, until it was nice and brown on the edges. Next the garbanzos got thrown in along with some minced garlic. After just a minute or two, I added the chopped kale and continued cooking until it was wilted (in a good way). I brightened everything with some orange zest and a splash of our orange infused olive oil. It couldn't be simpler or more delicious.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails