Thursday, March 17, 2011

Roasted Veggies with a Poached Egg and Toast - Mar 17, 2011


Roasted Broccoli and Butternut Squash with Poached Egg and Stout-Gouda Bread

After making that chili, I had some butternut squash left over. To use it up, along with some broccoli, I tossed them in some olive oil and roasted them in the oven until they were nice and crispy. To add a bit of yummy protein, Nick and I used our favorite trick and poached some eggs. This we served alongside some very tasty Summit Oatmeal Stout and Gouda bread from a local bakery. It was delicious and quick, perfect for a busy weeknight. Also, with the green, orange and white color scheme, kind of a nice St. Patrick's Day post, don't you think? In case anyone has any doubt, I did not plan that.  I'm not that crafty when I've been procrastinating.  In any case, I hope you all have a fun and tasty day of celebrating Ireland's patron saint.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails