Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chili - Mar 16, 2011


Two Bean Chili with Sausage and Butternut Squash

It's time to do a little house cleaning around here. Due to my absence of blogging, I have a lot of meals to post from way back when (just because I wasn't blogging, doesn't mean we weren't eating). The details will be sketchy because they are not fresh in my mind, but at least everything will be documented for future reference and inspiration.

First up is the chili I made last month, while my sister was visiting and we had that big snow storm. Chili sounded delicious and I had everything on hand so, no need to venture out onto dangerous streets to stock up on groceries. I referenced the same Bon Appetit spread that Jaime mentioned in her last post and took ideas from all the recipes and incorporated them into mine. I cooked up some pinto and red kidney beans, chopped an onion or two, browned some ground sausage from the freezer, and cubed a butternut squash. To complete the dish, I added an assortment of spices, and a 28 oz can of tomatoes. Everything simmered away, making the house smell warm and cozy. It was a very satisfying meal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails