Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Garbanzo Bean Curry - Nov 3, 2010


Garbanzo Bean Curry with Carrots, Potatoes and Broccoli

While perusing the Kitchn last weekend, I came across this recipe and it sounded perfect for dinner. I have made many a curry in my day, and I like almost all of them. This recipe was interesting because it seemed to be a combination of a Thai coconut milk-based curry, and an Indian tomato-based curry. I worried a bit at first thinking the finished product might have conflicting flavors, but upon tasting it I realized all this worry was completely unfounded. It was amazingly tasty with a nice richness from the coconut milk and a good tangy heartiness from the tomatoes. I substituted broccoli for the cauliflower called for because it's what I had on hand. If I make this substitution again, I would add the broccoli a little later in the cooking process since it cooks faster than cauliflower. Other than that, my only recommendation is for you to give this recipe a try.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails