Monday, November 15, 2010

Affogato - Nov 16, 2010


Affogato

Over the weekend, I made a batch of vanilla bean ice cream specifically for the purpose of pouring espresso over it to make this dessert. I used the recipe that came with my Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment, and tweaked it ever so slightly. Instead of using vanilla extract, I used a vanilla bean, which I split to scrape the seeds, putting both bean and seeds in the custard to infuse. I threw in four whole coffee beans to lend subtle flavor to the custard as well. All of these assorted beans I removed before freezing the custard. Once the ice cream was done, all I had to do was brew some espresso and pour it over the ice cream for a super simple and tasty treat. It's like a root beer float's sophisticated Italian aunt.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails