Thursday, November 04, 2010

Cranberry Wild Rice Salad - Nov 4, 2010


Warm Wild Rice Salad with Kale, Cranberries, Walnuts and Bacon

Here it is, another autumn salad. I have been following my 'golden ratio for autumn salads' when whipping these up. This includes roughly 2 parts grain of choice to 1 part green of choice to 1 part protein of choice (which often ends up being some combination of nuts/meat/cheese/beans for me). This formula allows for countless possibilities when creating dinner. Last night I came up with wild rice for my 'grain' and kale for my 'green'. My 'protein' ended up being a slice and a half of chopped cooked bacon, a handful of toasted walnuts and, just for good flavor, a handful of dried cranberries. I mixed all of this up together and made sure it was heated through before serving. It was delicious with the earthy, smoky flavor of the rice mixing with the rich walnuts, salty bacon and sweet cranberries. The kale added just a hint of bitterness to round everything out. Very satisfying.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails