Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cashew Veggie Stir Fry - Nov 11, 2010


Cashew Veggie Stir Fry over Jasmine Rice

Last night I decided to pull out the wok. It's been a little while since we've used it but I thought it'd be perfect for tackling a big pile of veggies. I used 3 medium carrots, 2 beauty heart radishes, 3 small onions, 2 very small heads of broccoli, and 2 small heads of baby bok choy, along with 2 handfuls of cashews. Once I chopped everything to it's desired size and separated the stalks from the leaves of bok choy, I heated up 3 tbsps of grape seed oil over high heat in the wok (this oil is better for frying than olive oil because of it's smoke point). When this was smoking hot, I added the veggies in this order: carrots and radish slices; onions; broccoli; bok choy stalks; bok choy leaves. I also tossed in the cashews towards the end and added some tamari for seasoning. Once the veggies were cooked, we piled them into big bowls of jasmine rice and enjoyed a fresh and vibrant stir fry. The veggies were still 'al dente' and retained some crispness as well as their delicious flavors because I followed my stir fry rules...high heat, short cooking time, proper veggie order (those that take longest to cook go in the wok first). Works every time.

In other news, I just spent the better part of the afternoon organizing some kitchen shelves. Why am I so bad at staying on top of kitchen clutter? At least I feel a little better now, although I'm not sure my clean shelves will stay that way for long. I really am a horribly unorganized person.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails