Friday, October 08, 2010

Recent Delivery - Oct 7, 2010


Fresh Veggies

I have been having trouble staying up to date with my blogging of late and I apologize. So, without further ado, here are this weeks veggies. We got a lovely assortment including lemongrass; carrots; *cardoon*; broccoli; radishes; squash; peppers; and chard. Let me confess that I raced to my pick-up site yesterday and was the first one there just so I could get my hands on that cardoon, which was a very limited choice item. Apparently it is related to the artichoke, but it looks like celery on steroids. The Farm is growing it as a test batch this year. It is something completely new to me and I am so excited to get a chance to try it. All of the other veggies look amazing as well.

Veggies not pictured include spinach; salad mix; and baby beets. Thank you to Harmony Valley for what is sure to be a grand kitchen adventure!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails