Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Veggies - Oct 21, 2010


CSA Delivery

I just picked the box up and found these lovely treats inside. Identification is as follows: Escarole? This looks like lettuce, but the newsletter states it is a broad leaf endive; red radishes; yukina savoy; onions; broccoli Romanesco; sweet potatoes; kale; and delicata squash. Veggies not pictured include carrots; salad mix; arugula; and broccoli.

I must admit I've been in quite a rut lately, hence the lack of posts recently. I spend the past two weeks painting our kitchen, which meant it was the last room in which I felt like spending any more time. I am hoping that these new veggies, along with our latest issues of Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, and Cooks' Illustrated, all of which arrived in the past week and a half, will help motivate and inspire me to get cooking.

As always, a wholehearted thank you goes out to everyone at Harmony Valley Farm for providing us with such delicious vegetables.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails