Friday, October 01, 2010

Grape Soda - Oct 1, 2010


Concord Grape Soda

Some of you may recall that Nick and I picked grapes at an orchard the last time we visited Madison. Serendipitously, a friend of mine who knows I like to make my own sodas, emailed me a recipe she had found for a Concord grape fizz. Needless to say, I was pretty excited about the concept. Upon our return home from Portland, I whipped up a batch of the grape syrup, using Concords plus all of the other varieties we had picked. It is delicious and I have been rationing myself to one grape soda per day for the last week or so. I can't think of a better way to transition between my late summer obsession with limeade and fall's crisp apple cider. If you have your own Concord grape source, I would highly recommend you give this a try. If you don't have access to said grapes, I think this would also be good made with Concord grape juice.


Another shot to highlight the rich color.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails