Monday, April 20, 2009

Orum - April 20, 2009


I mentioned MFK Fisher in an earlier post. I am reading her book "The Art of Eating" right now. It is actually a compilation of five of her books. I came across a quote of hers that made me think of our Dinner Club.

"What six persons may consider choice is delicate to decide. Six tastes, six appetites must be known, and fused by one memory and one skill into a mutually exciting whole. Old preferences must be converted into new. New flavors must be linked with old. From this fusion should result meals as stimulating to the tongue as to the gastric fluids, meals to be remembered with pleasure, evocative of future delights." -MFK Fisher, 1937

"Six friends cook circles round yo' ass." -Madison Dinner Club, 2002

I miss you Dinner Clubbers! I am looking forward to the 'future delight' of a reunion sometime, somewhere...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Great post! I miss you all too... Pretty soon I'll be back to cooking and eating and will participate in this blog too. If we can't have an in-person reunion, maybe we can do it virtually.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails