Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ratatouille Sandwiches - Aug 25, 2010


Roasted Vegetable Ratatouille Sandwiches with Fresh Mozzarella

It must be sandwich week here in our kitchen. Last night, inspired by a recipe containing smoked Spanish paprika mayo in the new Bon Appetit, I made these sandwiches. First I mixed up the mayo using a dash of smoked Spanish paprika and mixing with some mayo. Next I roasted a big pile of CSA veggies including onions, peppers, summer squash, garlic and green tomatoes from our yard. To finish, I toasted some bread, added sliced fresh mozzarella, the paprika mayo, some fresh basil leaves and the roasted veggies. I wrapped up the sandwiches in foil and put them in a 350 deg oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. These were super tasty and last night was the perfect night for warm sandwiches, what with the slight chill in the air. The cheese made everything quite gooey and I actually needed a fork and knife to help me eat this meal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails