Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Morsels - July 14-15, 2012




 

 

 

It was a bittersweet weekend here in Minnesota, and one where  Nick and I did almost no cooking.  We said good-bye to my cousin Brad, who lost his battle with a very aggressive form of sarcoma, at a memorial service on Saturday.  Brad wanted creme-filled, chocolate-frosted Bismark doughnuts at the service for everyone to enjoy, and his family made sure his wish was fulfulled.  That is my kind of guy.  I ate two! 

The heat has been oppressive, but we did get some much needed rain on Friday evening.  Despite the fact that my lawn is crisp and brown, a few of my flowers are thriving.  I picked a big bouquet of Queen Anne's Lace and phlox and admired the colors and form all weekend.

Because of the underlying feelings of loss, we made sure to enjoy time spent together with family and friends.  Celebrating Bastille Day, backyard puppet shows, good food and loved ones was the perfect way to finish the weekend.   
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I am so sorry for your loss...

Unknown said...

this pitcher is beautiful!

Jess said...

Thanks Jaime. He was a great guy and will be so missed.

Jess said...

I love your eye, Buzz! It's a vintage Dansk enamel pitcher I scored at the thrift store awhile back. It's your color!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails