Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Caprese Salad - July 16, 2012



Ahh, yes.  Tomatoes.  Nick and I didn't grow ours like Jaime, but we've been eating our fair share just the same.  They are especially nice on hot days when I don't feel like turning on the oven or standing outside and grilling.  We have been enjoying this classic combination quite a bit lately.  Especially since we got a big bunch of basil in our CSA delivery, of which there is no picture this week, owing to the fact that heat makes me lazy. Plus,  we got a new refrigerator delivered last Thursday, which kind of threw me off schedule.  As soon as it was in and operational, I put all the vegetables in it as fast as I could without taking the time to photograph.  My apologies.

For this particular rendition of the Italian summer classic, I used cherry tomatoes, ciliegine mozzarella and a lot of fresh basil.  I dressed the bowl with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.  Simple as pie.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails