Saturday, July 28, 2012

Homemade Pizza with Sausage - July 27, 2012


This pizza turned out so pretty, I just had to take a picture of it. I'm still experimenting with crust and sauce recipes and baking techniques, but am getting consistent enough results now that pretty much all of our pizza nights are more delicious than not! This crust recipe was from the no-knead book Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day. I used their standard recipe, using regular all purpose flour. I recently ordered some Italian style flour from King Arthur and intend to try that variation next.

For the sauce, I used tomatoes from our little garden and loosely followed the recipe in Alice Water's The Art of Simple Food (peeled, seeded, chopped then cooked with a little olive oil, garlic, salt, and oregano for about 15 minutes). The sausage is also homemade - mixed from ground pork from Polyface Farms. And we grew the basil as well! The only thing not home grown or home made is the cheese (maybe next time!).

1 comment:

Jess said...

That's a nice looking pizza! I think you've got the hang of homemade pies. Strong work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails