Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pulled Pork with Coleslaw and Cornbread - Feb 21, 2012



Nick and I hadn't done a pork roast in awhile, so I picked up a six pound pork shoulder from, where else, Clancey's. I've posted this recipe many times before, but it's a good one. Simple and delicious, this meal requires more time than work. The pork and slaw are actually supposed to be used in sandwiches, but I didn't have any appropriate rolls, so I baked some skillet cornbread instead.  We ate it 'meat and three' style, except that it was 'meat and two,' meaning a plate of meat, plus two sides.



Needless to say, we have a significant bit of pork remaining, as we barely made a dent in the six pounds. We've used some here and there in quick weeknight meals, like pork and sweet potato wraps. The rest I've portioned in half pound servings and popped in the freezer to be used at some later date when inspiration hits.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails