Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Burritos - Feb 9, 2011


Sweet Potato Burrito with Ground Turkey, Cotija Cheese and Avocado

I've made nary a dent in our massive sweet potato supply so far this winter. This meal, however, made use of one of them. After cutting the potato into half inch cubes, I roasted them in a 450 degree oven. While this was going on, I cooked up some ground turkey that I had on hand, tossing in some onion and leftover bulgar for good measure. I added some seasonings including coriander, cumin, oregano, and a pinch of cinnamon to bring out the sweetness in the potatoes. Then, at the very end, I put in some cotija cheese. When the sweet potatoes were done, I combined everything together and served on whole wheat tortillas with some creamy avocado to garnish.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails