Friday, August 13, 2010

Elderflower Ginger Ale - Aug 13, 2010


Elderflower Ginger Ale

How's this for a Friday treat...Anna is visiting from Portland! To celebrate we mixed up these cocktails, sans alcohol, for a fun afternoon libation. Instead of my usual homemade ginger ale (one part ginger simple syrup to 3 parts soda water) I tried a fermented recipe that can be found here (via Craftzine.com). The result definitely has a different taste from my usual...it's less sweet, more tangy. Anna says it tastes like kombucha, and I think it has a slight vinegar flavor. It's definitely a grown up ginger ale. For our drinks we used half ginger ale and half soda water with a tablespoon of elderflower syrup added, along with a lemon slice. Very refreshing. Cheers!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Fay Campbell said...

mmmmmmm.
No idea what elderflowers taste like, but I'm addicted to ginger. Nummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails