Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Brown Sugar Roasted BLTs - Aug 24, 2010


Brown Sugar Roasted Bacon with Tomatoes, Saute Greens and Basil-Chive Mayo

Sorry for my lack of posts over the past few days, Dinner Clubbers. Nick and I were out of town on a work related trip and I sadly forgot my camera. Nick has some cell phone shots, so if they look good enough, I might put a few up. I know, I'm kicking myself. Anyway, to catch you all up to speed on our dinners of late, check out this BLT. We used tomatoes from the CSA as well as the back yard, a mix of greens labeled as 'saute mix' from the farm, and some honey whole wheat bread from Great Harvest. I chopped up some chives and basil leaves from the yard and mixed them in with the mayo for a little extra kick of flavor. And, the bacon I dusted with brown sugar and cracked pepper and roasted it in a 400 deg oven on a cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes. The brown sugar caramelizes and makes the bacon extra delicious (a little trick I learned from Rima). These were some tasty sandwiches, friends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails