Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Carrot Sunchoke Soup - Dec 13, 2009


Carrot and Sunchoke Soup with Cheddar and Baby Rice Popcorn

This is an Odessa Piper recipe from 'Asparagus to Zucchini' in the 'Jerusalem Artichoke' section. We made it once before over the summer and liked it. I thought I'd make it again but this time I wanted a heartier consistency so I omitted the straining step at the end and left it thick and rustic. The straining makes a very elegant soup, best served as a first course, but this was our main event, so... In addition to keeping it rustic, I added some shredded cheddar and some Krinke's Market baby rice popcorn from the Dane County Farmers' Market. Wow, I did not think about this at the time, but this was a completely Wisconsin meal, from the recipe to the topping!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails