Monday, September 24, 2012

Shrimp Tacos - Sept 9, 2012



I don't remember what inspired this dinner idea.  I think I was looking through our How to Eat Supper cookbook and came across directions for cooking frozen shrimp to ensure they have good flavor and texture.  The process involves boiling lime juice, along with the squeezed lime halves, in a pot of water.  Anyway, I tried the technique and it worked out fine.  I can't say I noticed any more flavor than usual, but then I'm probably spoiled for frozen shrimp forever after our trip to Folly Beach earlier this summer.  Nothing comes close to those fresh shrimp we ate at the beach.

 

These were good tacos, though.  Nick and I topped them with shredded cabbage, fresh tomato salsa, and cilantro.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails