Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fresh Tomato Basil Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches - Sept 12, 2012



This is that same tomato soup that makes an appearance at Chez Jess and Nick every year about this time.  It's a Dinner Club recipe, and by that I mean that this exact recipe made an appearance at an original Dinner Club meeting.  If I have my history right, this was part of the very first dinner, hosted by Jaime.  Oddly enough, neither Nick nor I were present that night, which might be why we make sure to have it once a year at our house.  We don't want to miss out on it ever again!  As I posted last time, I can't find a link for the exact recipe online, but it's from a Martha Stewart Living magazine, circa August 2001.

We made grilled cheese to to with the soup.  I used up some Boursin garlic and herb cheese along with the sharp cheddar and it was delicious.
Posted by Picasa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails