Monday, October 25, 2010

Warm Farro Salad with Sherry Mushrooms - Oct 25, 2010


Warm Farro and Spinach Salad with Sherry Mushrooms

Okay Dinner Clubbers, I did do some cooking over the past few days so I have some things to update here on the old blog. First up is this little autumn salad. I combined a couple favorite recipes together to come up with this dinner. The sherry mushrooms are a favorite around here and usually served over toast with a poached egg. This time, I prepared the mushrooms as usual, by sauteing in butter and oloroso sherry. Next up I cooked the farro. Once that was cooked, I stirred in the mushrooms, some toasted walnuts, and a handful or two of fresh spinach leaves. I mixed everything together over low heat, just to get everything combined and to wilt the spinach slightly. This I seasoned to taste with salt and pepper. I like the idea of warm, grainy autumn salads that incorporate some fresh greens, or other cooked fruits and veggies. This might be a recurring theme in the next few weeks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails