Friday, October 08, 2010

Chicken and Cardoon Stuffed Squash - Oct 8, 2010


Squash Stuffed with Chicken, Cardoon, Rice and Smoked Provolone

After receiving my cardoon and the helpful instructions from HVF, I promptly included some with last night's dinner. While the squash was roasting, I cleaned, chopped and boiled the cardoon. Once this was finished I mixed it with roast chicken, leftover brown basmati rice and grated smoked provolone cheese. I also added a little oregano, salt and pepper to this mix. It went into the roasted squash and cooked all together for another five minutes or so. It was quite tasty. The flavor of the cardoon was soft and nutty, reminiscent of sunchokes. It was not bitter at all and added a nice texture to the stuffing. I am so far enjoying my experimentation with this new-to-me veggie. Stay tuned for more to come.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails