Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spinach and Mushroom Galette - April 9, 2012



I found this recipe while perusing Erin's lovely blog a couple weeks ago.  It looked so good, and healthy to boot. Nick and I have been eating more meat than I like lately, so this was a nice, veg-centric meal.  I ended up using regular old white mushrooms since they were the only affordable option at the co-op.  In addition to the spinach, I also added in some dandelion greens that were nearing the end of their shelf-life.  Instead of leeks, I used ramps, which are just wild leeks and so worked out quite nicely.  For the crust, I substituted whole wheat flour for half of the flour called for.  It made for a hearty crust that crisped up in the oven and easily resisted any sogginess, despite the large amounts of moisture in both the mushrooms and greens.



This was delicious!  Between three of us we ate every last crumb.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails