Friday, April 27, 2012

Asparagus Fried Rice Bowl - April 26, 3012



My parents brought me this lovely bunch of asparagus, grown in their neighbor's garden, when they stopped by this week.  Since they were headed out of town for the next few days (visiting my sister in Portland), I got to enjoy it.  Lucky me!  I did one batch on the grill, wrapped in aluminum foil and seasoned with olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.  It was delicious.



The following night I decided to use some in a fried rice bowl, topped with a fried egg, toasted sesame oil, and tamari.  Also quite good, although with freshly picked produce, simpler is almost always better.  Speaking of freshly picked produce, remember to use your asparagus quickly, as it's flavorful sugars turn rapidly to less flavorful starches once it's picked.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails