Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Broccoli and Cauliflower Pasta - Dec 2011



This is another 101 Cookbooks recipe utilizing broccoli and cauliflower. I actually found it when I was searching for the salad I posted about yesterday, and it sounded so good, that I put it on the list for later that same week.  I had to swap dried rosemary for the fresh and omit the fresh parsley due to my limited pantry.  I also omitted the golden raisins since I don't like the texture of raisins reconstituted in water.  Usually I'll replace them with dried currants, which are smaller and don't bother me as much, but it's been so long since I cooked this I can't honestly remember if I did that for this dish.  Probably due to these changes, the dish fell a little flat of my expectations.  Dried rosemary is a pale comparison to fresh, and the pasta could have used some of the bright green notes that fresh parsley brings.  I would make this again, but only if I had all the ingredients on hand.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails