Monday, August 06, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas with Tomatillo Sauce - August 5, 2012


The picture doesn't do this dish justice. I picked up some tomatillos at the farmer's market last week without any particular plan and they were languishing in the refrigerator waiting for inspiration to hit, which came when I was strolling through the "international" section of Whole Foods. Salsa verde! Add that to leftover chicken, some homemade tortillas, and a bit of cheese and we had delicious green enchiladas (also known as "Enchiladas Suiza" - according to Google) for dinner last night.

I used Mark Bittman's recipe, using jalapeƱos from our patio garden in place of the serano chiles he calls for. My only complaint is that it ended up being maybe a little too sweet in the end. The sauce tasted great after I cooked it, but seemed to get a bit more intensely sweet after baking. Next time I will add a bit more lime and maybe even a dash of vinegar to help counter that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails