Monday, November 15, 2010

Baked Sugar Loaf Radicchio - Nov 15, 2010


Baked Sugar Loaf Radicchio with Sweet Potatoes

Since Sugar Loaf Radicchio was completely new to me, I took a cue from the HVF newsletter and made this baked casserole. First I chopped up the radicchio and sweet potatoes. I mixed these two together and filled a ceramic casserole dish. Next, I poured about 3/4 cup of cream over the veggies and topped with toasted bread crumbs, pine nuts, and Pecorino-Romano cheese, and seasoned with salt and pepper. I baked this in a 375 deg oven for about 45 minutes. The radicchio's flavor is that of a bitter green, very similar to endive, so this bitterness combined with the sweetness of the potatoes and creaminess of the cheese and cream made for a complex and tasty dish. Nick is a huge fan of the bitter greens and really enjoyed this. I must say, I am a fan as well.


Snow Day!

In very exciting news, Minneapolis got a ton of snow on Saturday! Nick and I took advantage of being 'snow bound' and totally piled on the blankets and had a cozy weekend of watching football (yeah Badgers!) and Battlestar Galactica on Netflix. Even though everything is melting now, I am so excited for the cross country ski season ahead of us. The first big snow always makes me a little giddy. I hope you all had great weekends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails