Thursday, February 11, 2010

Massaman Curry - Feb 9, 2010


Massaman Curry with Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli and Onions

Nick and I found some massaman curry paste at the New Orient Market last weekend. We grabbed a couple cans and cracked one of them open earlier this week. I referenced this recipe, although I used my own combination of veggies based on what I had available, and omitted the meat. The salty/sweet/sour/spicy balance was a little off to my palate. I made a bunch of notes for modifications for the next time we make it...add more coconut milk; scale back the sugar; up the salt and spice. We'll continue to practice until we get it right, referencing other recipes and enjoying the process wholeheartedly, no doubt.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

j.j. said...

Hey! This looks/sounds wonderful!! I like the recipe on the back of the canned paste. Not sure of the brand I use off the top of my head - something I would have trouble pronouncing even if it were in front of me. I think it's nicely balanced and suppa easy. If interested, I will get you the info!

Chip said...

I just had Massaman Curry with vegs last night. Of course, mine was NOT home made and I'm sure NOT as good although it was tasty. It's maybe one of my favorite dishes and SO good for me. Your's looks beautiful. nan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails