Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Roasted Cod and Radishes - June 4, 2013


Richie is traveling this week and so that means I'm on my own for dinners and that means only one thing... FISH! I also had a bunch of radishes from our last CSA share and I don't really care for them raw (nor does my digestive track), so I wanted to use them in some kind of cooked recipe.

This dish was inspired by a recipe for roasted cod and potatoes in Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything, except that I used radishes in place of the potatoes and then adjusted the roasting time to account for the smaller size of the radishes. I topped the portion with a little homemade yogurt and some fresh dill. The nice thing about this dish is that everything cooked in a single pan in the oven, so clean up was minimal and the fish smell didn't permeate the house. Next time, I might not thin slice the radishes as I would have liked a little more substance to them. Otherwise, a winner!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails