Thursday, February 28, 2013

Apple Crisp & Homemade Frozen Yogurt - February 28, 2013

These are the last of the apples we picked last fall. Our spring CSA starts next week, so I needed to make room in the refrigerator.

The apple crisp is completely grain and refined sugar free, following this paleo recipe. I made the frozen yogurt from my 24-hour lactose free yogurt and some honey. It is delicious, but super tart and not necessarily the right accompaniment to the crisp. I liked both, but not necessarily together.

1 comment:

Joseph Carr said...

You're right. Apple crisp and yogurt are two food I would consider as treats, but not quite when together. A plain apple would make a better combination. Anyway, it's fun to experiment on ways to eat yogurt, after all, like eating it with a bagel. Choose whole grain bagels for a healthy snack! Joseph Carr @Fresh & Healthy Brands

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails