Friday, November 11, 2011

Pork Chops and Sauteed Kale - Oct 31, 2011



This spooky looking dish was our Halloween meal this year. Nick and I picked up the pork chops from the Farmers' Market and I cooked them up following the directions in our 'How to Cook Everything' cookbook. For some reason they turned out a little tough and dry. I must have cooked them for too long. Usually Nick makes the pork chops, and they are always super delicious and tender. I must not have his magic touch. The side dish was made up of some of our red kale tops, which I roughly chopped and sauteed with some onions, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. It was very good, and the color was perfect for the holiday.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I have found that the key to juicy pork chops is an hour or so in a brine solution. It can be just plain salt and water, but it is even better if you throw in some herbs, lemon, and/or garlic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails