Thursday, April 04, 2013

Jaime's Spring CSA Share #2

I took a brief business trip to Arizona this week and was greeted at the airport by Richie and Lily, and this bag of fresh goodies in the car! What could be better than that? I was anxious to get home and take a nice picture before the natural light was all gone but rush hour traffic from Dulles made that hard.

This week's bounty included a dozen pastured eggs, green onions, sweet potatoes, purple top turnips, red Savoy cabbage, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, mustard greens, kale, and some local honey.

I am especially excited for the Brussels sprouts and turnips. Going to be incorporating both of those into the meal plans for the next couple days, probably roasted.

Not sure what to do with all of the greens.. I don't digest them well when raw, so I am on the lookout for some good recipe ideas. As part of my menu planning, I've started a Pinterest board of ideas called "What I'm Eating This Week"... Feel free to follow me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails