Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Re-fried Bean Burritos - May 4, 2010


Re-fried Bean, Chihuahua Cheese and Fresh Oregano Burritos with Salsa Lisa

Last night we had a favorite meal of mine. I cooked up some pinto beans over the weekend and added some Salsa Lisa to the skillet while re-frying them last night. I also made the tortillas, and slightly different than usual I might add. Rick Bayless says to use lard if possible, instead of vegetable shortening, and so I did. It turns out one can buy lard at Target (and probably lots of other grocery stores too...I've just never thought to look). It might be labeled as 'manteca' (which Nick, who took Russian in high school, informed me, who took five years of Spanish, means 'lard' en Espanol). I honestly didn't notice any significant differences with the lard vs. with shortening. We added the melt-y Chihuahua cheese and some fresh oregano to complete the meal.

*This is probably not the last Mexican influenced meal this week as tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo. Methinks we are going to have to pull out the margaritas and do it up right.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails