Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Beet and Fennel Salad - July 7, 2009


Roasted Beet and Fennel Salad with Smoked Trout and Sunchoke Spread

This was a super tasty meal! We made the beet and fennel salad from the CSA newsletter recipe, just omitting the oranges as we didn't have any around. I did use a blood orange infused olive oil as part of the dressing, so we got a little of the orange flavor in there. We also made the trout and sunchoke spread from "A to Z" which we made awhile back and loved. We picked up the trout from Star Prairie Trout at the Mill City Farmers' Market this past weekend. I really love smoked trout, and this recipe is great.

Odd side note...this meal reminded me of my Grandpa Paul. I'm sure he never ate this particular combination of food in his lifetime, but he loved anise flavored candies and smoked string cheese. Both anise and smoke were strong flavor standouts in this meal...I bet he would have liked it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails